Singer Krishnakumar Kunnath, popularly known as KK, may be no longer with us, but his songs are still alive in our hearts. KK was a prolific singer and voiced him in movies like Raees, Jannat, Om Shanti Om and Kites. The singer was last seen performing at a music event in Kolkata, where he reportedly went into cardiac arrest. Almost everyone must have heard KK’s melodious songs. In the midst of all this, today in this article we will learn about 7 unpublished things about this veteran.
1) Apart from singing in Bollywood, the great singer lent his voice to more than 3,000 jingles. He started his career with Jingles in 1985. Twitter pays humble tribute to the death of famous singer KK ‘Tadap Tadap Ke Is Dil Se’
two) KK’s own musical journey began by listening to his mother’s Malayalam songs, which were recorded by his father on a tape recorder.
3) KK married his childhood friend Jyoti Krishna. However, it was not as easy as holding her hand and taking sacred vows with her. Before getting married, she was looking for a job. She worked as a salesperson for six months and then left the job. His wife and his father convinced him to make music and he started working on jingles again.
4) Despite many successful Bollywood songs, KK was never a favorite at award shows. He just won a major award in 2009 for Bachna Ae Haseeno’s song Khuda Jaane. He said that he never received the awards because he never conspired for them. Singer KK suddenly fell down while he was singing a song. The video of his last performance went viral on the Internet.
5) KK never received professional musical training and was not a classically trained singer.
6) KK was a big fan of another great KK, also known as Kishore Kumar.
7) KK graduated with a business degree from the University of Delhi. He was a versatile singer and had a versatile voice that suited songs sung in all languages.